I can't believe I have two months until little miss Sophie is here. I have a long list of things I want to do before she comes. If only the world would stop for one moment so I could get off, get stuff done, then rejoin them.
Vivi: Loves tracing her hand and seeing how her hand matches up to yours. I love the way she looks at me when we play ring around the rosie it is priceless and reminds me why I am a mom. She is quite the ham these days. She likes her picture taken, singing her songs in front of the mirror and reading me books. Something I wasn't ready for was her interest in certain body parts. Yikes. Big choices. What to call them.
Fun Vivi story-
Jason and Vivi have a blast doing bath time every night. I usually take that time to relax but Jason was doing some relaxing with Vivi too. He is laughing as Vivi uses water as a pretend lotion to massage her cavles, her toes, and the bottom of her feet. Jason said she really looked like she was doing a great job so he placed his foot up to the top of the bath to see if she would do his feet. Of course she did. She sprinkles "lotion" on her hands, rubs them together, and begins to massage Jason's toes and slowly works her way up to his calves. She jabbers as she does it and laughs and smiles up at him. So glad to be doing something nice for her Daddy. Jason calls me in and I got the special treatment too.
Sophie: Is 30 weeks old. Around 3 pounds. Active. I had a scare of gestational diabetes. I had to retake my blood test for it and I have to say it was a great way for me to grow closer to God let me tell ya. God was so good to me. He knew I was anxious. I mean who wouldn't be 4 shots in three hours. Yikes!!! Did I mention I faint at the talk of it so doing it was not going to be a walk in the park. But it was. Jason was there for me, we watched Biggest Loser in between each session, and I got a chance to talk to other moms in the waiting room. The best part was the day before the test. I was having my quiet time and I opened my book The Power of a Praying Parent. The topic for the day was Healing and Health. My mouth dropped. How could I forget that God is the greatest healer of them all. I was humbled at that moment as the author shared testimonies of how God was faithful to healing and protecting her family. SO I stopped and I prayed my guts out. I memorized the verse Psalm 103: 2-3 "Bless the Lord all my soul and forget not all his benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases." God protected Sophie and I. Made the day of the test a really nice day with family and I could tell God was with me the whole time. Why don't I use him all the time. I so easily forget how powerful God is.
Jason: Is excited about the spring weather coming. He is ready to use his new riding mower and to see how the yard will turn out this year. So far things are coming back and we still have some of our grass.
We just got done going on a youth conference called Dare to Share. This is a weekend encouraging and equipping young people to share their faith with friends and family. Our students as usual did great and we had some really great adults with us too. Vivi stayed with Gigi and Pappy so I got to go along too.
Amy: Well I am feeling so happy that I do not have diabetes, feeling very preggars theses days, and I can't wait to turn 30. Is that funny? SO blessed and can't wait for this summer of adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment