My husband did a sweet thing. There is a program at the seminary called Dress for Service. Ladies
whose husband is graduating that semester or they themselves are graduating are
eligible to receive
the opportunity to apply. You get to go shopping for a whole outfit: dress or skirt suit, purse, tights, shoes, and
jewelry. You get a
special partner who will be your mentor for that day to shop with you. This helped build a relationship between young women starting out in the minisrty world connect with women who have been around ministry for along time. My lady was Glenda Eitel. Her husband is the dean for the Missionary school and she is also a nurse for babies so that was perfect.
How is this supported you may wonder? All these blessings come from families that
donate money to
support seminary
students who don't get an
opportunity to shop like this. They want them to be able to put their best foot forward for job interviews and special events a church may have. I wore my new outfit for our big church interview weekend for Farmington, MO.
Jason wrote a short essay on why his wife deserved to be spoiled. It was very sweet and I was chosen to
participate and I got to do the fashion show. I have to say I
hamed it up!
This is a picture of my friend Jen and I before the fashion show. We felt pretty and special that our hubbies would take time to enter us for such a wonderful program.

The theme was Ester and Persia. The chef at the seminary made homemade hummus and a wonderful chicken and rice recipe. I really liked the decorations.

In this shot you can see the run way and the layout of the room.

My friend T took pictures of me before the lunch in. I am at 32 weeks in these pictures.


Me flashing my awesome red leather purse.

Everything I have on was given to me. It was so humbling to shop for anything you wanted and to not look at price tags. I felt so
special and thankful that God is so good.
2 comments:
You look fabulous! And good call on the red leather purse. You won't regret it.
Ah, I heart Dressed for Service.
Wow..that is such a cool ministry! And to be able to shop and not look at the price tag? How nice of Jason to do that for you!
Post a Comment