Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jason was a testimony machine and now we have the results!!!


When we visited Farmington for our big interview it was such a nice time.

Jason had his first meeting with the Deacons. He enjoyed talking with them and sharing his testimony with them. After that we had dinner at Pasta House with the Staff. They were so sweet to invite my parents. Everyone had a nice time catching up and relaxing before Jason had the meeting with youth parents and youth leaders. They had the most questions and the toughest ones. Jason did great of course. He again shared his testimony.

Then we had the privilege of staying with The Jones Family. They are a great couple and they were so great to us. Kathy made a wonderful breakfast Sunday morning. It was a great way to start our day. They let us borrow their car which was super kind of them. Steve was the committee chair of the youth minister search so it was fun to come home and be able to share with them how everything was going.

The church is so friendly and they have a lot of great things going on. Chuck the educational minister gave us the grand tour of the church during Sunday school. After the two church services we had a pizza lunch with the youth group. Jason shared his testimony again and did a Q and A. This time the questions were fun. Jason have you ever been arrested? Jason do you like the Office? Jason what brand of water do you drink? Some of the youth had some more serious questions like What is your favorite bible verse and book of the bible. We are excited to work with these students they are so much fun and they are ready for a leader to come in. We are ready to jump in.

After the lunch we relaxed on the Jone’s patio and got our paper work done for the house. That evening was the Sunday night service starring Jason Welker with his final telling of his testimony he he he and then Q and A with the whole church body. Jason handled it so well. I was really proud of him and everything said is what Jason and I dream would be a great youth group and where God wants us to go with the future of student ministry. All we could do was hope that it would fit what they all were wanting. All we could do was be ourselves and pray that God would make it very evident we were suppose to come there.

God reassured me throughout the process that weekend. The fact we found the perfect house. Several people of the church really impressed me and made me feel so welcome. I am sorry I can’t remember names but during Jason’s youth leadership meeting the pastor asked if anyone else had any questions. A sweet older gentlemen in the corner raised his hand and said Brother Bill I do. “Jason and Amy, How can we as a church help you during this process?” Wow a church that has people in it that are willing to serve . Big thumbs up there! At Hulen Street where we attend and serve right now they would ask us the same question so it was nice to have our new church carry that same attitude. Same meeting me had people give me their address and number so if I needed help or wanted to know more about Farmington I could call them. That is so nice to have some resources when moving into a new place. The last one I will mention is that a lovely lady who pulled me aside to let me know she is praying specifically for my youth a Hulen and our transition for one youth group to another. Jason and I are really really really going to miss our church family at Hulen. They are our family here in TX and we love them.

Well the vote is in…266 votes total
264 voted yes
1 voted no
And one person wrote I HEART him. That one made us giggle.

So we are officially moving to Farmington and we are so blessed to have a great church we get to serve in. This is a big summer for us and please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

jwj1237 said...

Hey Jason and Amy! Welcome to the First Baptist family. I know you have a lot of things on your mind right now, but if you need my help in some way, I hope you'll let me know. We'll continue to keep you all (including baby Welker) in our prayers.

Blessings!