Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The House Hunt


Friday my parents picked us up and we headed home to get some rest and eat one of my favorite snacks a stuffed artichoke from Rich N Charles. We got some rest and got up early for day two.

Saturday we met our lovely realtor for the day Mrs. Wanda. She had about 10 houses set up for us to see. My parents joined us and we had fun looking at houses. Mom would check out whether a house would be good for the furniture we have and what updates we would need to do and Dad was my construction point of view. From a distance we even had Jason parents giving us financial advice. Everything seemed good…Well until the house that I thought was a good fall back turned out to be too small to fit my furniture in boooo. SO I started to get nervous. Will we find a house?

We break for lunch and Jason and I go over the best 4 homes but I still didn’t get that feeling when you walked in that, “man this is the one.” They all felt like yep this would due but not wow I want this home. Jason and I were looking for different things in a house. He wanted a place that has big trees and a yard for the baby and the youth to play in. I was more worried about how can I do my ministry of hospitality and at home bible studies. Jason mentions just as we are heading to meet with Wanda that there was one more house we choose not to check out because it was just a little higher than what we wanted to go. We decided to look at it anyway in hopes that we would go down in price and we could have the perfect price we were wanting.

The house is on Moss lane. A new subdivision a crossed from HWY 67 just 10 mins from church. I love the location. It is at the end of a cul-de-sac. It has Jason’s scenic yard with big trees and a yard to play in. We walk in to the house and it is not finished yet but the builder was there to share with us how it was going to be built and the style choices they were making. We could see the walls and the size of the rooms. I felt at home and now it is our home!!! We officially can call it home after Jason gets the call from FBC of Farmington that we have been voted in(which is this weekned by the way). I get to pick put paint colors which excites me. The baby’s room will be in a shade of green. Tan will be on a lot of walls. The house is a 4 bedroom/3 bath home. We got the lower price we wanted so we thank God for that miracle and the low rate of 4.6 today YAY!

I can’t wait to post pictures. Once the house gets more finished in April I will post some pics. Right now it is a lot of dust and wood on the inside. The dry walls go up this week and each day they are adding more and more to the house. I never thought I would be moving into a new home especially one this nice. We have the basement finished so out of town guest have their own room down there and bathroom. So if you are not in MO that means you need to come visit us. We will miss our TX friends and church family.

No comments: