Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Christmas Newsletter

We did our best to get as many newsletters as we could out to all our friends and family. Some got sent back to us and some are just lost in the sauce. I thought this would be a way to still get the info out there. Enjoy:) My newsletter was really set up cute but doesn't transfer well into blogger so here are the headlines and info.


Master Jason
I mean Jason is done with his masters.
It is true Jason is graduating this Spring on May 8th 2009. We are so excited! He is graduating with a Masters of Divinity with a youth emphasis. Jason made it through doing over 90 hours in three years. We have started our search for youth ministry jobs. God has blessed us with several church interviews and even an offer. But we still have not felt God’s calling to any certain church.




BDUB
What does that stand for you ask...Why Baby Welker. The picture above is the day we found out. Jason and I are having our first baby June 4th. We are so excited! We prayed for a year about the right timing for a baby and God had the best timing. Jason graduates and then Bdub comes to join us. I am past my 1st trimester and starting to feel more energy and less morning sickness thank goodness. We are so thankful for everyone's support during this special time in our lives. I have the baby furniture picked out and paid for thanks to Bdub’s grandmas and grandpas. In January we will find out if it is a boy or a girl so again be watching our blog or wait for the phone call. We can’t wait to share the news. The only thing that is a secret is the name.



Grill and Chillin
Jason and I are still having a wonderful time in Texas. We love having friends over to hang out and grill. Our youth still make us laugh and grow in our faith everyday. Family and friends come to visit and that is always fun. This semester we have to say goodbye to our very dear friends the Higgins. They have become our best friends down here and we are sad to see them go but very thankful our other friends are here still to kick it with.



Dan the Man ( my brother)
Is now Dan the man plus a new wife, Angie, and two kids, Taylor and Jake. The wedding was a hit with a beautiful view, great food...for real the best wedding food I have ever had, and I am glad to see my brother so happy. This Christmas is the first one with our new family members and I can’t wait to shop for them. Oh did I mention Dan and Angie are also having their first baby together due 4 days after Bdub. This is a really big year for my family. As my mom said, “ Now I will be a double Whammie Grammie.”





Mind the Gap to Ahoy!
This past October I got the privilege of joining a friend last minute to travel to London. We stayed in Paddington and played all around London. I got to see the show Wicked for the first time. I enjoyed the high tea at Harrods and the crazy double decker bus rides in the rain. We ventured through the London Tower and enjoy the best football game I have ever seen. Sorry Tara, the Chargers lost but it was one heck of a game.
December 15th to the 20th we will be on a cruise to the Bahamas celebrating my mom’s 50th birthday. I can’t wait to spend quality time with my hubby before the baby is born; I think it is called a Babymoon. I am also pumped to get to spend time with my parents. They know how to have a good time. I am so glad I am on a cruise when I can use the excuse I am eating for two.



We just want to wish you a Merry Christmas and we hope you have a very blessed New Year.

No comments: