Monday, March 17, 2008

History in the Making















This month we celebrated the 100th year of the school. The theatre company I manage was busy running about preparing for two skits last week about BH Carroll our founder of the school.

We have been listed in three newspaper articles. Here is the blurp from the baptist press.

After Blaising announced that the seminary’s centennial celebration would not be complete without a visit from Carroll himself, the series of dramas organized by Calvin Pearson, assistant dean for preaching and pastoral studies, continued. Robert Ring, a master's degree student, portrayed Carroll as he explained his vision for Southwestern Seminary to his wife Hallie, played by Emily Felts, a bachelor's degree student. Hallie listened intently to Carroll's vision for a school in the Southwest to train young Baptist preachers.
I had such a good time doing make up and helping assit direct with Elizabeth. She is the director and one of the founders of the group. Along with Dr. Pearson our producer and founder. It is sucha pleasure to work with christian professionals. I thank God daily for this experience and anticapte a future full of more theatre.
Here are some fun pictures from this week.
This is our school president Paige Patterson.Venue that we preformed in.


This is my Egyptian friend Ayman. He makes me laugh and I just love dancing with him in the halls of Fort Worth Hall.








































A band played which was fun to listen to. It was a beautiful night.

No comments: