Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How we Met!


Jason and I were in class together our junior year of college at Southwest Missouri State. I thought he was intriguing but I was going out with this guy who distracted me. As the months go by my relationship gets worse and worse with the boyfriend and I start praying that God will show me real christian men examples. SO I could see if I was really supposed to end up with the boyfriend. More months go by the boyfriend cheats on me twice and I feel totally furious and used. Right as I was going through all of this I happen to have another class with Jason and he is also a fraternity brother of my boyfriend at that time so I saw him at the fraternity house. I started having a small crush on Jason because he was so nice and I was using him as an example of what my husband should be some day. A nice guy like Jason. But I didn't think I was good enough for a guy like Jason. I broke up with the boyfriend at the end of my first senior year and I had great summer plans to get my life back, work on my spiritual life which was drained by the ex-boyfriend, and continue to pray for good christian men examples in my life. A week before school was out I saw Jason everyday for some reason and he was always very encouraging and sweet. Finals were over and I was looking forward to my friend Jessi Graduation Party in St.Louis one more big bang before I head off to my first professional theatre gig in Ohio.
Jessi Party was great I was in the swimming pool when I see this cute guy walking towards me. Might I add it is 11 at night and he was just arriving. I look at my friend Katei Knipp and I say Oh my gosh he is here! I was hoping all night he was invited and he is hear. I jump out of the pool say hi to Jason. Jason drove three hours from Springfield, MO just to come to Jessica's party. He told her he would be here and he didn't want to miss a thing. Jason and I sat on the bench near the pool and talked the rest of the night. It was as if the rest of the party didn't exist.
Next day I left for Ohio but Jason and I joked that when I get back to Springfield this summer we will have to have slurpies and play on a playground sometime. Jason and I stayed in contact talking all hours of the night and text messaging. We became such good friends but I really had a crush on him but I only wanted it to be if God wanted us to be together.
When I got back to Springfield I was moving into a new apartment and things were just crazy but I could not wait to see Jason. He called me right as my friends and I were going to the fountains to play so I invited him to meet us. So here we are my friends his friends and the two of us not sure what to think of being in the same state together. After that it was history.
The gentlemen he is, several days later he said we should define the relationship. We started to date after that talk but only for two weeks before he left for Brazil for 4 months. We e-mailed everyday and talked once a week on the phone. During this time we built up our friendship, our spiritual walk with God as individuals and learned how to communicate more than just lip lock.
He came back from Brazil. Proposed 4 months later. Got married 4 months later and that's how Jason and I got together.

Here are some fun shots of us from our wedding. You know it is so funny I prayed so long and hard for God to bring me my dream guy. I wrote a list when I was in junior high of all the things I would like in a guy. I prayed if I was lucky I would get a guy some what close to my list. Never thinking that God would really make it come true but in Jason he has. I thank God for Jason every day and our story of how we met is a great way to express God's faithfulness to peoples prayers!

No comments: