Friday, September 11, 2009

Sept 30th it begins...

It official. I tried and tried to find ways to connect with other moms in the community. I prayed and asked Gods guidance on what to do. When God showed me that there really isn't much going on in the way of a Mommy and Me group and I should start one. I fought it. I didn't want to be in charge, organize it, and add one more major project to my life. Jason and I were being careful not to overload our life with too much ministry in order to protect our family from being to busy to raise Vivi. So I continued to try to find a way to meet people. Every door was shutting and I realized God was saying I told you to start up a group. I gave in and realized he knows best.
Now I am really excited. I have been meeting people in Walmart and letting them know about the group I am starting. Yes it is true I just walk up to random Moms and say hi I'm Amy, Are you a stay at home mom? Would you like to be a part of a group that meets to get to know other moms? Because of God, it works. Moms have been excited about that idea and they are even willing to give me their number so I can let them know when and where. The church is letting me use the nursery for a meeting place. I have made some poster to hang in Farmington. If you know of anyone that would enjoy such a group and live in the area let them know. Who knows what God will do with this group. I just know I am suppose to help organize it and we will see where the Lord takes it from there. Please be praying for this ministry and outreach to the ladies. I pray I will make some lasting friends and that Vivi can have some new friends too. We also have a growing neighborhood. Pray we have great neighbors that we can hang with and enjoy life with.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

If we lived 5-6 hours closer, I'd be all over it.