Monday, August 10, 2009

New Discoveries for this week

Hats are a fun!
I wish I knew what she was thinking in this picture. Maybe that flash is way to bright??

Vivi is discovering new things this week.
First her mobil is her favorite thing. She loves to sit under it and watch it go around and around. Mommy likes it because she can get a 10 minute project done while Vivi is entertained in her safe little bed. Speaking of bed here is an exciting side note. My girl is a sleeper!!! We started a bedtime routine and now she sleeps 8 to 9 hours a night no wake ups. We feel very blessed and hope this sticks. So far a week had gone by and she only had one night with wake ups. We are very proud parents.
Second, She also loves her fist. Not just a thumb or a special formation of fingers but the whole stinkin fist. The pacifier lost the battle for best thing to suck on. Man that is a bummer. It is a lot easier to get rid of that then her hand. We also have learned to enjoy a Tigger rattle she has, a fun sassy cow toy(mommy uses this as a puppet who teaches her new words and things like up and down), and her links attached to her pink poodle. The links work great for teaching her to hold onto things and the toys help her focus and hear sound.
Vivi is modeling my onsie from when I was a little baby. It is kimono style and I love it because it makes changing diapers so easy. The onsie has little rainbow umbrellas on it and it is very soft to touch. If she could walk down the run way I would have had her do it but all she can do is kick around on her pad.


Last but not least she is a cooing machine. She likes to speak her own language and mommy is always very entertained by it. I am trying to learn it so don't be surprised if you see me at the store leaning over the cart saying waaah, ooooooh, ahhhhhh, dadada, mamam while making big facial expressions. Yes, I am one those crazy ladies that looks so funny talking to her kiddo while she waits. I think there should be a club for people like me. I use to laugh at people like me.

2 comments:

Catherine Chiarino said...

Congrats on getting the bedtime routine going! I hope our conversation was helpfull with that, but I'm sure it was just your amazing motherly instincts that did the job! You have such a beautiful little girl...she is so blessed!

Lucy said...

This is the first time since your July 4th post that I've been able to read your blog. Glad to see all systems are go and I look forward to seeing Miss Vivi in person.