Friday- Was Farmington day. I had no clue what Farmington had to offer as a city or for housing so Jason and I decided the easiest way to get to know the city is through a Realtor person. When we were checking out homes we had no idea if God was officially calling us to Farmington but if God was...it is a nice way to be prepared. Living in Texas makes it hard to be prepared for any big change in life especially if it is moving back home to MO. God is so good the lady we chose to meet with was so helpful and she was a Christian woman named Sheri. She showed us around different neighborhoods, told us about the great school system, and where to find what we needed in the town. She moved from L.A. so she knew what it was like to go from a big city to a small town. Housing is very affordable in Farmington so that made me very excited. Then we headed to the church for a nice dinner with some wonderful people. They served us some good pulled pork and let me tell ya it was good. We had a nice time getting to know everyone on the church staff and search committee. I was glad to see they all have a sense of humor and a service heart. I can't tell ya how many times people asked me if I need anything and even the pastor helped me put on my coat as we headed out the door true gentleman style. I was impressed and happy to see such a great church family in Farmington. We left there feeling good about the church and with all the information we needed to make the best decision. A day later the pastor called to let us know the committee would like to give us a view of a call. What that means is that the committee was ready to present us to the church to have the whole church vote whether or not we would be the ones to fill the youth minister’s position. They are flying us in March 14th so please be in prayer as the church has a big choice to make. I have a good feeling about this whole adventure and I feel God moving us in this direction but I always want to remember Gods plans come first so we will not get the cart before the horse and see what happens that weekend. Of course my family is so pumped at the chance of us being closer to home with Bdub coming in June.
This is the sanctuary.Saturday-We had the best baby shower. It was so good to see good friends and family. My Mom, Grandma and Aunts did a great job putting it all together. My cousins were a big help during the shower serving all the guests. I will post some shower pics later. After the shower we had dinner made by the cutest chefs around (my husband and my dad). They made us filet steaks and crab legs. They sprinkled rose petals around the table very fancy and romantic. It was a great dinner and then we watched a movie at home.
Sunday- Amy Ball had her wedding shower. It was so cute and fun. I got a fun frame as a door prize. Christy Amy's mom friends made the best cookies. We laughed and enjoyed our time together. Mom and I went shopping after that for maternity clothes. Man that was not easy. A small dressing room 20 things to try on and of course only like three things worked out. Angie and Dan come over for dinner with the kids and that was fun. We all enjoyed the fire my dad built outside and the kids played in the hot tub. Mom and Dad made another great dinner with the salad help from Grandma Mac. I look forward to more family dinners at home. I can’t wait to see what that will be like when we have two babies in the house. Angie is doing great with her baby by the way. I can’t wait to go shopping for her shower in April.
Sunday- Amy Ball had her wedding shower. It was so cute and fun. I got a fun frame as a door prize. Christy Amy's mom friends made the best cookies. We laughed and enjoyed our time together. Mom and I went shopping after that for maternity clothes. Man that was not easy. A small dressing room 20 things to try on and of course only like three things worked out. Angie and Dan come over for dinner with the kids and that was fun. We all enjoyed the fire my dad built outside and the kids played in the hot tub. Mom and Dad made another great dinner with the salad help from Grandma Mac. I look forward to more family dinners at home. I can’t wait to see what that will be like when we have two babies in the house. Angie is doing great with her baby by the way. I can’t wait to go shopping for her shower in April.
Monday-Was sort out the gifts day at Grandma’s. I have a lot of thank you cards to do and I am so thankful for the beautiful bounty we received. Some stayed with Grandma in MO and three suitcases came with us to TX. I was happy to have lunch at Sesame with Sarah N. and my rents. Then we went to Baby R us to return some big gifts we received just so we can buy them when we get back to TX. I started not feeling well and I didn’t get any better. On the plane I was sick, in the parking lot I was sick, and all night. I pretty much stayed sick all week and on Sunday I had my first day on real food. I think it was food poisoning but I am not sure. This week my goal is to get those thank you cards done. I wanted them done by today but with being sick that didn’t happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment