Monday, December 01, 2008

4 Cities all for the love of Turkey and Family

Jason and I made our crazy voyage to MO. We stopped in Tulsa to enjoy some Turner time for the night. Best bed and breakfast ever.

Then we made it to Springfield just in time to jump in the big black van for the traditional trip to Silver Dollar City. We watch shows, ate good food, and watch the boys ride rides. No rides for me this year. BOOOO! It was a night of fun and beautiful lights. I have to say it really is the best way to start off x-mas. I kept thinking I would take a picture that could sum up Silver Dollar City for you but I can't capture it(so i found some shots off of their website that did it alittle more justice). So here are just a few shots of some stuff we did.This is the parade and tree show. For



real every building is lit up for x-mas.





Then the next picture is the real meaning of x-mas the living nativity.























After that I show the production of Christmas Carol. I have to say it is the best version I have ever seen. Great effects and actors.
















THe most Texas looking nativity I have ever seen and I found it in MO.


Uncle Jason had fun riding with Cameron, while Rick and I hung out and watched.

Grazing time!!!!
The twine


Jason's parents were really sweet to get us a hotel room. I am allergic to dogs and I since I can't be on any meds I would be miserable all weekend if I stayed with my in-laws or Jason's brothers house b/c they both have dogs. So this was the first time for us to stay in a hotel in Springfield. It was nice but staying with family is fun too.

Our thanksgiving was at Maria(my sister in laws house) very nice. I got to make some yummy food and ate other peoples yummy food. Bdub likes options. Funny for dessert I was not interested in the pies. I ate a whole jar of dill pickles and alittle bit of whip cream. Now I know I am really living the pregnant life pickles over pie.As the day continues on I got more and more sick. My allergies won the battle and I had to take a break from the house and take my contacts out before my eyes sealed shut. That night I was really thankful for the hotel room where I could breath again:)

See my nasty red eyes from being sick but I still had some dessert. Yep pickles and whip cream.
More stories to come!

No comments: