This sizzling(b/c it is 100 degrees today) summer Jason and I have been having so much fun.
We started July off right with a great Fourth of July party with Taylor and his family and friends. Taylor is one of our youth. I got to lead the kid’s games and they were crazy enough to give me a mega phone. The night ended with a homemade fireworks show and lots of yummy desserts. I missed having homemade ice cream but the cobbler was great!
The next day we splish splashed our way around Shari’s house. She had a random fun pool party and it was great to play I mean hang with our church staff. I didn’t swim but I had a great time taking pictures. I have them posted on face book so check them out.
After we pigged out there, the next day we had a fun church service out at the ball park. Not many people can say they had church there. We had a regular service (well as regular as it can be outside on a baseball diamond) and afterwards had kid games and a softball game for the adults. It was neat to see everyone cheering for little and big kids alike out there on the field.
Then the next week I got to go to camp. God taught me this main lesson. RRR!(in a pirate accent) I know what you are thinking what is that???
Renewal of my spirit. Before I left for camp during all the fun I talked about above I was dealing with losing my first baby. Jason and I miscarried. We named the baby Micah. The name means I know the Lord. After having such great joy thru a time that can be so hard to deal with I knew God was so real in my life. I prayed that this time of pain and suffering would help others to know the Lord better too. God really did take care of Jason and I each step of the way. I was so glad I got to go to camp and it was a wonderful chance to spend some quality time with my kids (youth at church) and God.
Right- Man sometimes in life we need to get right with the spirit. The only way you can get to know the Lord more is to spend time with him so I have committed myself to studying his word more and reading the bible in a year. How can you have a best friend without knowing all about them and spending lots of time with them? That is just something I realized. God is better than any best friend I can have, so how come I am no taking out more time for him.
Risk- I know I am pretty blunt person but even I chicken out when it comes to sharing my faith, speaking up for something I don’t agree with, or doing something new that God calls me to do. I really just encourage you to go for it!!! I know I will try Amy Nicholls new way of thinking TAR Take A Risk!!! And stick to it!!!
After camp we have taken advantage of the good and some ok movies that have come out this summer. Like Dark Knight (good), Mama Mia(very girlie) and I think there is one more hummm. I love snow cones with good friends. We tried new foods with the Dent party of two. The Indian food was great and I will be eating that again.BBQ with the housing staff. I have been enjoying a ladies book club at my friend T’s (a.k.a Tonya) house. Teaching voice lessons to Scott, and some others who are interested. Having a Saturday where you can sleep in, eat brunch at Le Madlines with my hubbie, and do whatever you feel like.
I hope you are having a great summer. Just wanted to give you an update on The Welker WorldJ Love you all!!! Feel free to e-mail me how you are doing at awelker@swbts.edu.
No comments:
Post a Comment