I put a copy of our letter to friends and family on here because several of my friends asked me why are you going? This letter really sums it up well and it lets you all know what we need prayer for. If you have received this letter just ignore this blog:) Love you all thank you for all your support and prayers:)
Dear Family and Friends,
I’m so excited and I want to share with you why. I have heard that at seminary there are many great opportunities to meet other cultures, explore your faith, and share God’s grace. So, I started exploring different trips and opportunities that the seminary offers and it turns out that there is a traveling scholar’s trip going to Israel this summer. (The Traveling Scholar’s program at Southwestern is made up of a group of scholars and professors who take students to different parts of the world to learn about the history of the bible and important religious figures.) When I found out my heart leapt! To be in the holy lands where our God and Savior was born, raised, and crucified would be an incredible experience that could not be passed up. I feel that God is calling me to go on this trip and so I knew I had to go. For me this trip is more than just an opportunity to be educated about the life and times of Jesus. I see it as a great opportunity to mission as well, to be able to visualize the places where Jesus and others did their ministry, and to be able to paint a picture for non believers of Christ’s Journey and ultimate sacrifice.
I also hope to adapt the memories and inspirations that I will gain on this trip into a play or some kind of theatrical venture that will minister to people. Jason and I have a heart for the Christian Theatre and hope to open up one someday. We have no idea what God has in store for us, but pray that God will reveal this to us. I feel that going on this trip will give me inspiration for that in some way, not to mention a lot of research for the future. I also see this trip as a chance to share the Gospel to Jews on the streets of Israel, in the airports, or just wherever God calls me to smile and start sharing.
The cost of this trip is not cheap, but I know that God will provide a way if it is his will. In order to go I have to raise $2,950. This covers my flights, meals, lodging for the 12 days we will be there, and travel while I am in Israel. My biggest wish is that you will join me during this exciting time in my life and pray with me. Pray for the lost Jewish people, our safety while Jason and I are there, that we will learn a lot and be able to get a fuller understanding of the bible, and that through this adventure Jason and I will see a little more of God’s plan for us. Also, if you feel led to contribute financially, or in any other way, that would also be a great blessing. However, I know that prayer is the most important thing in the success of this trip.
Here is my address if you feel led to send any kind of financial or spiritual support, whether it is money or a great bible verse to share with the Jewish people:
If you want our address please just e-mail me and I will get it for you.
Thank for listening and may God bless you today and forever.
Amy
p.s. Attached is an itinerary of everything we will be learning and everywhere we will be ministering while we are there. I just figured the more you know, the more you can pray for us. Also, if you want an update of everything that we are up to these days go to:
http://www.welker-world.blogspot.com/
p.p.s. I couldn’t let Amy write a whole letter without me getting a word in. I really do believe that this trip will be a great opportunity for Amy and I to learn many great things about the bible that will definitely help us in ministry later on. We will not just be going to Israel to learn, but to also minister to the Jewish People while we are there. Seeing all of these religious sites will be great opportunities for us to initiate conversations with the Jews about what we believe and why we are there. I cannot wait to see the great things that God is going to do on this trip, not just in our lives, but in the lives of the people that God touches through us. That is my biggest prayer request for this trip. Thank you for your support!
Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment