
Jason and I took a weekend trip to Wichita this past weekend. It was so fun to see where we use to live and friends. It was Paula and Rich's Wedding weekend. The wedding was so pretty and the reception was a great way to sit back relax and enjoy old friends and meet new ones. Paula was in Grease with us last winter. She helped us get to Brasil and her husband is a wonderful pianaist. I loved her wedding dress it was deep purple. It was her second marriage so no more boring white for her lets get some fun purple.
At the reception we saw our friend Kim and Kelsey. Kim was our music director and Kelsey was Marty one of the pink ladies. We shared old stories and Jason and I found out all kinds of crazy things continue to go on at the Crown Uptown. But really every theatre has their crazy moments.
Kim is the picture with Jason. Kelsey si on the right, Paula in the Middle and then me:)
In between the wedding stuff Jason and I went to our old apartment to see how the managers were doing. We loved our old apartment. The people there were great and it was near a river
and a lake. I am tellin ya if you ever have to live in Wichita live there. We had fun sitting and talking with Ken and his wife Anna. They are an older couple who we would hang out on their porch with them. We were sad we didn't get to see our handy man, he was always a pleasure to work with.After visiting our old home we headed to the theatre where we ran into Ted and Karen on the way out to Krazy K's. We sat and talked with them. Crown Uptown has a new sound system so that is really good. We needed that for Grease really bad. For all of you who came you would agree.
Right now Crown is doing Singing in the Rain. We hear the lead is a really good prefo
rmer not so good off stage.
The Jungle Book is the childern's show.After the reception of the wedding we enjoyed watching a movie in bed and relaxing since we had been up since 5 that morning. The next day I woke up sick but we still found a way to go eat a RedRock Canyon Resturant. It has the best house salad ever!!!! We orginally wanted to go to our favorite place near the theatre Old Mill Tasty. The Old Mill Tasty is a diner with original jerk soda. Sooooo good! I like to get a vanilla Dr. Pepper. Jason on the other hand would rather the chocolate
Dr. Pepper which I think is yucky but it is something to try.
Overall, this was a great weekend! I hope to get back and visit with anyone else we mis
sed visiting with.
1 comment:
I totally love that theatre! It's gorgeous! And your post is so upbeat and happy and wonderful and I love it! Thanks for the call the other day. I'm awful with the phone, but I'll try to call you back. The only time I've had to myself has been sleeping. I'm sorry. Have a great day!-Love, Brianna
Post a Comment