
In Fort Worth, Texas there is a place called the Stockyards. It is just like the west use to be. Old store fronts, neat hotel, saloons, and a old styled train. We had so much fun discovering new things with the Welker's when they came to visit. On Friday, they went to the Little Log Cabin Village. I had to work so I didn't get to go play there. But I heard there was a kitty cabin and that I would have liked to see. At the Log Cabins Rick found out about a free Horse Show so went to it. Very interesting. I wish I had my camera for you all to see the really pretty horses. I of course got to close to one and this huge horse sneezed on me. I was dripping with horse snot. It was so gross and I gave the rest of the family a good laugh. 

The next day we headed to the Stock yards. We made it just in time for the cattle drive through town. We continue to walk around and check out all the sites. We saw the White Elephant Saloon where I learned Walker Texas Ranger was filmed... hummm very interesting.
At the old hotel, Susan felt like a queen. The walls were red suede and the furniture was elegant in a very western way using horns when ever they could.
After we walked around and I tried on fun cowboy boots we headed towards the stores and train. Jason and I felt like we wanted to ride some cow so we tried it out but it just wasn't as exciting as we hoped.

We had fun looking at all the random goodness you can find in souvinor shops. After some shopping we decided to eat at this little burger joint. It had buffalo burgers which made the welker's excited but Jason and I did not like the BBQ sandwiches.

Our favorite store had to be the Candy Barrel. Anything you crave is there pretty much. Big suckers, Zotz, caramels, taffy, chocolate, candy cigerettes, ect. We all got ourselves a little goodie bag.

The twine had a really good time so much...this is what happens if you eat to much candy...... 
Beth passes out, Jason is hyper, and Katie is in a total daze. Just Kidding:)
I really enjoyed all the fall hay and corn stocks. It finally felt like fall. Cool weather.
YAY!!!
Susan, Rick, Jason and I took the train to relax and see the scenery. The scenery was not so good but the time spent just han
gin was fun.
Jason and I got bored when the trian stopped to switch directions and go back so I took modeling pictures. So, what do you think....are 
we pretty? LOL.
After the train we went through some more shops made new friends. Isn't she cute:) I think the lipstick on her isn't quite right but we weren't good enough friends to tell her that yet.
Jason had enough shopping so he waited for all of us to finish. I caught him chillin on this bench. I think he looks hot. Gotta love more modeling pictures. Alright enough of that. So at the end of the day things got exciting when the sheriff Armi Dillo arrested us for having to good of a time in his city so he threw us all in jail.







No comments:
Post a Comment