Wednesday, October 17, 2012

That's a funny shaped hole


WARNING:  (I am not here to debate religious views. I just had a moment where my heart was breaking for someone I love and I wanted to share. I am not a fancy writer. I have bad grammar and spelling. If you can get passed all that read on)

Do you have someone in your life that is never never satisfied? Everything is everyone else's fault.  This friend or family member can’t seem to figure out the peace you have and where the blessings are coming from. They get mean sometimes jealous. You try and try again to share what the cure for their pain but they don’t want it.They just want the cure and make it easy nothing you have to work at. QUICK FIX.  

God has given each of us a God shaped hole in our heart. We all take turns trying to fill it with other things.  Grass is always greener on the other side mentality.  Money wanting more money comparing money money.  The perfect man or women in our lives would make that hole feel better, right?  I am a people pleaser and no matter how hard I try I can’t make everyone happy. So how can anyone expect another human to fulfill them? Body Image, one I sometimes let get in my way of the true view. This person who hates life...is mad at me and I think sometimes hates me. I have found the cure to the hole.  

Drum roll please:   The cure to a hole in the heart is to go back to the one who created it and let them patch you up.

Gods will for our lives...the BIG Question every person struggles with is simple. Not simple to live but simple to say.  In the bible it says, 2 Corinthians 5:14-15  New Living Translation (NLT)
14 Either way, Christ’s love controls us.[a] Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life.[b] 15 He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.
I know it sounds really deep. The fact that Jesus died for me and for you, that kind of love should compel us to no longer live for ourselves. So all the crap we try to jam in our heart and soul that isn’t for the Lord is just getting in the way of our true happiness.  Our purpose after excepting the gift of eternal life with Jesus Christ is to please God in our words and deeds.  Jason and I do our best to make choices that reflect Gods wisdom he gave us in his word the Bible and do it with a joyful heart.
Amy Welker is not perfect! I have to ask for moment by moment forgiveness for all the selfish things I do or think but I have a God that loved me so much he forgives me and wants me anyway. Not for a little while, but for eternity.

I love unperfected people.  I want them to be in on my secret.

.....So all you imperfect people step out of your weighted down lives caring heavy hearts full of junk and do some cleaning. Suck the junk out of your heart and start asking God to fill you up again. You will feel better and the world will be a better place for you. Not perfect but better. 

No comments: