Monday, March 12, 2012

Red Beans and Rice Day

I am trying this recipe for the first time but I am thinking this will be an easy way to make dinner for Monday nights.  Monday nights we have youth at our house and not a lot of time to make dinner or clean it up.  We are studying Crazy Love by Francis Chan right now and it is changing my life perspective! I will let you all know how it turns out.


Crock Pot Red Beans & Rice
by Iowa Girl Eats
Crock Pot Red Beans & Rice is as authentic tasting as anything I had down in NOLA! Barely adapted from MyRecipes.com.
Ingredients (serves 6)
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 celery stalks, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 14oz andouille sausage, sliced
  • 3 tablespoons Creole seasoning (I made 1/2 of this recipe and still had some leftover)
  • 1lb dried red kidney beans
  • 7 cups water
  • white rice
Instructions
  • Place first 8 ingredients into a 4-quart crock pot and cook on high for 7.5 hours. Remove the lid partway for the last 30 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken slightly. Serve over cooked white rice.

No comments: