Vivi and I were getting lunch ready when I got inspired for an art project and a science experiment. First the art project. I was making celery and peanut butter for Vivi's lunch when I got done cutting up the sticks the end of the celery was left and I saw potential for some cool stamp work to be done with it. So after lunch we made these. They make lovely roses. This is how I am making my homemade mother's day cards this year. I am also thinking about buying plain wrapping paper and making my own with this print. I really like it.
My first try at it.This is the stamp I made. It was a nice round piece. The other stalk I had was more oval.
This was done on foam and it took really well. I used washable kid paint for these.
Here is Vivi's artwork.
When we were done with the artwork we got down to some science. The celery parts from the middle that look like trees we put in a glass of water with food coloring to see how the celery will change colors.
A fun morning and cheap. I hope you try this with your kids. If your kids are big enough you could have them make their own snack with the celery. So then you have cooking, art, and science. Good times.







No comments:
Post a Comment