I am amazed at Gods joy. Not this fake happiness that the world gives us but true joy in the life I have been given. We have had a rough Christmas this year but it is all out weighed by the joy Jesus brings in his birth, hope and the life everlasting. We lost Jason's Grandma Betty. She was one of my favorite talking companions. She taught me and showed me everything I needed to know about Jason's family through fun talks on her couch once a week when I was in college. She uplifted me every time I came home with Jason to Springfield, and now her name lives on in my little Sophia B. B is for Betty and for my grandma Bert who is so special to me.
For the first time in my life I watched someone die. It was slow, painful, and at the same time so beautiful. Yes beautiful! For the first time in my life I had no words to say so I just sang to her. She would smile through the lifeless body she waited in until 2:45am when she busted out of her old joint and into a new body in heaven. Her new house we call it Vivi and I. Vivi said she wants to visit Gaga's house with Jesus and I told her I would like her to wait. I am not ready for that.
It was beautiful to think that the same God I was singing about in the Christmas carols is the same God Betty waited to snatch her up and take her home. She would smile at me as I sang and it was the closest I could feel to heaven. Seeing her waiting and just smiling. Like she could hear the angels on the other side of earth as I sang to her on this earth. That is JOY seeing glimpses heaven here on earth and enjoying each moment God gives us even in the hardest times even facing death. Thank you Grandma Betty for giving me the best Christmas gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment