SO I decided to make up my own recipe with the stuff I had in my cabinets.
Two Chicken Breast
Yellow onion 1/4
Red beans and rice packet
Garnish:
Sour cream
Shredded Cheese
Green onions
Start your Red Beans and Rice in Microwave takes 12 mins
Heat your pan to med high heat with 2 tsp of butter to cook your chicken in
Mix in southwest seasoning you have at home. Example: taco seasoning, salsa dry mix, smoked paprika, cumin, cayanne, ect. Whatever you think will be good for your family. I used this salsa dry mix I have from texas, the smoked paprika, and cumin. It came out spicy because the salsa dry mix was very hot. Opps so it caused me to try something new.
So after you season and cook chicken with the sautéed onions, mix it with the rice.
Place it in a bowl
Top it with Sour cream, the cheese and green onion
For real it is good and very simple.
Vivi approved!!!!
Wedge Salad was our veggie side: Lettuce, Bacon Bits, Candied Pecans, Blue Cheese Dressing with crumbles, Green Apple slivers. This was the best salad and I don't even like blue cheese.
Something I want to try next in the same style
No comments:
Post a Comment