
June 3rd at 2:00am I woke up feeling some contractions. I woke Jason up and we started getting ready. By 2:30am we were out the door ready to meet Gigi at the hospital entrance to give her Vivi. We arrive and I am still in labor and getting excited. Once we do the switch with Gigi we head up to the 2nd floor Labor and delivery. They observe me to see if this is the real deal. Again I have to walk for an hour. When we get back this time. I am at 4.5 centimeters and 80% ready. They check us in and it is official. The labor at first was not horrible. Jason and I enjoyed walking and trying different ways to ignore the pain. After 5 to 6 hours of being stuck at a 5 centimeter and huffing through the pain. It was not going as well. We tried everything...shower, the ball, breathing technique and focus points. We were quite the team. The nurse came in and said it is time to break the water but it will make the pain and contractions a lot stronger. We had no idea if this would last hours that way or just a little while. I decided at this point I would get an epidermal since my body got stuck like this last time and the epidermal helped relax me and the baby came shortly after that. We were right.
The epidermal was a horrible experience. The resident doc took 30 mins to put it in with the help of the real doc. At this point is when I lost my cool. Finally, once it was in I sat back to catch my breath when I felt a really really heavy sensation like a bowling ball trying to strike LOL. I called the nurse in and she checked it out and sure enough I was at a 10 in like 15 mins after the epidermal was in. I was still feeling a lot and wasn't sure if this was right. 20 mins of blowing air so the doc could come and deliver and four pushes later the Sophie girl had arrived. I got to deliver all natural. The epidermal did not come soon enough. Let me tell you. I have never never experienced something like that before wow! I had so much adrenaline I couldn't stop shivering. Sophie came out perfect and I was finally all done. The rest was history. Family came to see her. I rested and by June 5th we were on our way home with two cute girls in the back.

We arrive at our house and the girls both sleep for the first two hours and Jason and I get unpacked, make dinner, and sit back and smile about how luck we are to have this sweet family. I think at that moment life couldn't get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment