Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow Day 3-Snow Cream





I am so bored stuck at home for another snow day. Vivi is tired of being inside and so am I. Jason still heads to work so I had to find something to keep me busy. When I was a kid we made snow cream. I looked up the recipe and got to work. I showed Vivi how to gather the right kind of snow. I placed her in her bouncer while I did the measuring and the mixing.

1/2 cup of half and half or whole milk
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
4 cups of white snow very important yellow does not mean lemon kiddos out there

Here are the results. Skim milk makes watery snow ice. Vivi can't eat any so that isn't as fun. It taste kind of mineral like. I guess that's because we live in the lead belt??? A little disappointing but Vivi and Wookie liked playing in the metal bowl of snow afterwards. I realize Wookie has never seen snow or played in it. He likes to eat it that is for sure and so does Vivi.

No comments: