Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The REV

We told Vivi that Daddy is now ordained that he is a servant of the Lord and a man who is stands behind Gods word. I think she thought i said he digests Gods word because Nana gave her a bible just her size and wanted to eat it. Or it could be she is teething and getting in her first two teeth. I can't believe it.
We had a lot of family come out to support Jason and I. It meant a lot to us. We also had many friends and church family praying for us across the states.

This is Brother Bill our pastor at First Baptist. He said the sweetest thing about when we first met him it was like Love at first sight. He just knew we would fit perfect here at First and he was right. We love our new church and the people who make it the special place it is.

Steve giving Jason his certificate of ordination.
John giving Jason a really nice gift to remember this special occasion. It is a fine leather black bible. Jason loved it.
During the service Jason gave his testimony and a short message. Pastor Bill shared a message but this moment will be remembered forever. It made me tear up. The last part of the service after I sang Take my Life by Chris Tomlin they had a time of prayer for Jason. The deacons came first and then it was opened for anyone in the church. I am standing there to pray with Jason when all our youth surrounded him at once. The prayer was sweet and very meaningful to Jason. I teared up.
The Rev, the pastors wife, and the little girl who steals peoples hearts in Walmart LOL

No comments: