Thursday, October 08, 2009

Netflix to the rescue

Missing: TV. We have gone without TV now for 3 months. At night is when we miss it. Being able to cuddle up after a long day and watch our fav DVRed program. We tried the cable thing, that will take two years to get out here. Being a new house in a new subdivision means everything has to be installed new. We thought about satellite but we live near a big hill and we hear that satellite doesn’t always work well and man it is expensive. So after all this we figured we would treat ourselves to Netflix.

I can’t wait to get our first DVD. It’s only 8.99 a month and it is all the movie watching you want delivered to your door. We are pumped. We have ordered Transformers 2, Water Horse, Planet, and some chick flick for me. We also want to thank all the TV channels that post or favorite shows on the web. We are still able to watch House but The Mentalist is dumb and only puts up clips. Sad day I know. We got a letter in the mail saying something about Uverse. Pray that is in our area. That is what we had in TX and we loved it.

I will say without the TV detraction I have more time to spend with God. I pay more attention to my daughter because the TV isn’t on taking my attention. My house is cleaned well. I pray when I feed Vivi instead of watching tv. I am not saying you can’t do these things with TV. I just know myself and this time has been good for me. I think even when we get TV I won’t turn it on during the day. Only at night for Jason and Amy time. But I will say I think sometimes Husbands and Wives forget to talk and they just watch TV together forgetting to spend that special time together. Thank you for listening I mean reading my ramblings about TV.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I feel your pain over the loss of your favorite TV channels, though I do agree it can be very distracting. Sometimes I just have to turn it off and walk away or else I will get nothing done. It's crazy how hypnotic it can be. Good luck with Uverse.