
I am like brain dead today because I am so bored. I have been reading up on Ike because it really effects TX.
Whenever we come to Springfield we just start to get the swing of things and have to move on. The drive home is always very reflective for me. I think about the people we leave behind. How they are growing and how you learn stuff about your own life whenever you go home. I wrote a blog about some life changing moments http://www.welker-world.blogspot.com/. I am not sure if you have read it but that really sums up how God is working. I feel like I am a sponge trying to sop up as much of God in my day as I can without letting any of it drip out. We are never done learning and soaking up God. I pray my family members and friends will be sponges to know God personally and that his will and purpose will be done in their lives.
Whenever we come to Springfield we just start to get the swing of things and have to move on. The drive home is always very reflective for me. I think about the people we leave behind. How they are growing and how you learn stuff about your own life whenever you go home. I wrote a blog about some life changing moments http://www.welker-world.blogspot.com/. I am not sure if you have read it but that really sums up how God is working. I feel like I am a sponge trying to sop up as much of God in my day as I can without letting any of it drip out. We are never done learning and soaking up God. I pray my family members and friends will be sponges to know God personally and that his will and purpose will be done in their lives.
Philippians 2:13 (New International Version)
13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
The key to this verse it that is doesn’t say... Amy will work to will and to act according to her good purpose.
13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
The key to this verse it that is doesn’t say... Amy will work to will and to act according to her good purpose.
I have a habit of thinking I can put more effort in my relationship with God. Get those boxes checked off : Bible reading check, memorized some living word today check, prayed check, tithed check, ect.
New Mind frame: We do these things not because that is what we are suppose to… it is because we want to sop up God like a sponge and when he inspires us to read, tithe, pray that is when it truly happens in his will. I hope that makes sense. We think we can do all things in our power but really it is all given to us through him who sustaining us in all things. Our youth minister talked about this last night and it really hit me.
Here is the passage put in other ways that really hit home.
Philippians 2:13 (The Message)
Rejoicing Together
12-13What I'm getting at, friends, is that you should simply keep on doing what you've done from the beginning. When I was living among you, you lived in responsive obedience. Now that I'm separated from you, keep it up. Better yet, redouble your efforts. Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God's energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.
12-13What I'm getting at, friends, is that you should simply keep on doing what you've done from the beginning. When I was living among you, you lived in responsive obedience. Now that I'm separated from you, keep it up. Better yet, redouble your efforts. Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God's energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.
Philippians 2:13 (New Living Translation)
13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
My prayer for you is that each day God will show you that through him he will give you the power and desire you need to keep striving for a personal fulfilling realtionship with Christ. All my good ideas and stories come from our heavenly father.
Well I thought I had nothing to offer today but God had another plan.
Well I thought I had nothing to offer today but God had another plan.
Love you-
Amy
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment