Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Girls Weekend


My Mom, Grandma, and Cousin Sarah came into town. Jason was our "bus driver" we don't own a bus but he got us to and from every where we needed to go. He was such a gentlemen to us all and made us all laugh. My girls arrived on Friday night and I was so excited I could hardly wait for them to arrive. I missed my moms hugs, I made a gift for Sarah for Graduation, and Grandma is just cool:) I got my hugs, watch my cousin come to know the Lord in a more personal way and Grandma spoiled us all rotten. I was excited for my gals to meet Wookie. Grandma loved my little man kitty and my Mom was very pleased with her new grand kitty:)


Mom got some fun glasses for Jason
Saturday

We woke up to my broken in Thunderbird. My grandma and mom took the car to the hotel and someone broke into it there. It was a bummer but nothing could ruin the fun we had planned for the day.
After we handle that with the police we headed to the seminary to see where I work and the campus.
It was time to eat so we headed to Le Madline's French Cafe. So yummy and so nice b/c we could sit outside and eat. We walked around downtown and then headed to the stock yards.

Sarah and Grandma loved the Texas style atmosphere. We shopped and saw the Long Horns come thru the town.

Of course we had to go to my favorite place Centeral Market. We found all kinds of yummy treats like shrimp, chocolate covered pecans, peach chewies, Fresh fruit, stuff for stir fry, ect. Everyone loved the excitment of Centerl Market...




See even Wookie is excited about Centeral Market.
Finally, we headed home for naps, kitty time, walks, and a movie. After we finished our movie we all went to Rosa's Mexican Cafe for tostadas and fajetas. Very good and cheap.

Sunday
I woke up early to get to church to practice for worship team. Sarah worked out at the hotel and Jason ran around Sarah and I. Again Mr Bus Driver. Church was great and I was so happy to share my new church home with my family.

After church we had some Pei We Diner and headed to the Gardens. We walked, took naps and played photographer. We took naps in the grass. We loved the weather. NO SNOW here.
Jason relaxing. I think he took a 30 min nap right there.

Sarah my fab model.



Jason really had to pee:)

Grandma all weekend was talking about how she wanted a blizzard from Dairy Queen and not just any blizzard a Peppermint Blizzard. I tried to explain it was a seasonal blizzard but she had faith if we found a dairy queen they would have a peppermint one. Sure enough we got a little lost heading out of the Garden and down the road was the Dairy Queen with you bet Peppermint Blizzards. The manager said they were just sending that flavor back this week to the main store.

Went back to our house, fixed dinner and played cards. Very relaxing!

Sarah, Jason and I stayed up till 2:00 that night talking about God and all the ins and outs. It was a really special time with her.

Monday
We hung out, ate a wonderful lunch at Mimi's Cafe and headed to the Airport.

Thanks MOM for the great Time!!!!

1 comment:

SLK said...

I almost died laughing at the "Jason really had to pee" picture! So glad to read your blog.